Summer isn’t summer without watermelon. With the heat reaching over 100 degrees in Austin, I decided to share with y’all my deliciously perfect lemon watermelon frozen margarita that will keep you cool even the hottest of summers. Best part? The margarita is the perfect drink to sip on by the pool on National Watermelon Day!
- 2 1.5 ounce shots of tequila (I used Exotico Tequila)
- 1/2 cup of lemonade
- 2 cups of regular watermelon
- 2 cups of frozen watermelon
- 14 frozen lemon juice ice cubes
- 1 cup Chamoy
- 1/2 cup Tajin
- The night before you decide to make the margarita, pour the lemon juice in ice trays. Freeze watermelon.
- Put the two shots of tequila, all four cups of watermelon and the frozen lemon juice ice cubes into the blender.
- Insert the 1/2 cup of lemonade once everything is blended. Blend again.
- Once the margaritas are ready, add the chamoy on a plate and the Tajin on another plate. Rim the cup with chamoy and then with Tajin.
- Slowly pour the margarita into the cup to not mess up the rim.
Let me know what y’all think of my recipe!